Renault dashboard lights

Hi All,

Having just acquired a Kangoo, I've a few questions about the dashboard as the van didn't come with a handbook. I assume all the Renault dashes are similar. It's a 1998 1.9D

Firstly there's an orange zig zag light, looks like this: WW. It isn't the glow plug heat. It lights when the ignition is turned on, and goes out after starting. I don't think it's an engine management light as I can see an engine block pictogram, though this never lights so maybe it's for the petrol version. Anyone ideas what this light is?

Secondly, how on earth do you set the clock. It's on the dash, on the same display as the mileage/trip counter. There's only one button to reset the trip. Have tried various combinations of pressing this to try and set the clock to no avail.

So whiz kids, how do I set the clock?

Cheers, Gromit

Reply to
Gromit

try pulling the trip switch out rather then pushing it in and turn it to the left or right.

Reply to
reg

Digital clock?? Think on my Renault WheelieBin its push and hold in till hours start flashing, then tap to change hours, once hours are set leave it and it will move on to the minutes... then tap to change, then leave it...et voila !! Or mabbe not !

Reply to
Gingangooli

My '98 Scenic has a similar light on the top-right of the instrument panel- looks like a box with WW inside.

On my car it is the Engine Management System warning lamp. It illuminates for about 3 seconds after switch on and then only comes on again if there is a problem with any of the sensors or transmission.

If it comes on whilst driving, stop and restart the car- if it clears then it is something you should have checked out sooner rather than later. On the other hand if it doesn't go out, or stays on after you initially start the car, get yourself to Renault sharpish!

Reply to
CK

Thanks for all input.

Yes the clock is digital. I thought I tried holding the button, maybe I wasn't being patient enough, while shouting about how much renault must have saved putting in one button instead of 3! Will investigate further.

Cheers, Gromit

Reply to
Gromit

Thought I'd just post my findings for all of you without a manaul for your dash clock

Turn the trip reset button clockwise, the hours flash. Set the hours by pressing the reset button. Turn clockwise again to set the minutes, after setting the minutes turn clockwise again and you're done.

Simple when you know how.

Gromit

Reply to
Gromit