Renault Espace 1999 2 litre automatic gearbox

Sell the car. Renault auto boxes are rubbish.

Reply to
Doki

I have a Renault Espace 1999 2 litre automatic gearbox, and I have a problem with the selector stick, on occasions when I put the selector in to Drive, you can not here the gear box go through the gears, and sticks in third gear thou it says it is in drive.

Has anyone else had a similar problem and if so, is it the gear box or the electronics that control the gearbox or the selector switch and leaver,

Any advice would be helpfully

Regards

Rob

Reply to
The Boss

Sound advice indeed. Do it now. Without delay.

JB

Reply to
JB

Search google groups, this group and .maintenance, for Renault and Autobox....

Reply to
DanTXD

The message from "DanTXD" contains these words:

Then weep and wonder why you bought an automatic Renault.

Reply to
Guy King

after reading the other usefull posts NOT, is there not a cable that needs a little adjustment :-)

--

Reply to
Neil

The message from "Neil" contains these words:

Not on a 1999. They're all electronic.

Reply to
Guy King

A spurious 'automatic' got into your post there. HTH.

Reply to
PC Paul

The one that you put round the Renault dealer's neck?

(No, don't do that. I know it's tempting, but just don't.)

I've heard that a gearbox oil change may help, but it's still going to be a Renault automatic and will therefore reserve the right to randomly change gear/not change gear/seize/disintegrate/fry its electrics etc.

Reply to
Carl Bowman

You could try to get hold of a renault TIS from ebay. That will/may guide you through symptoms and diagnosis of various gearbox troubles. That said, I'd suggest draining and replacing the fluid to see if that helps. If it does then drain repalce several times and consider using Lucas geabox rejuvinator in it. Or take it to a dealer to get them to diagnose it....

Reply to
adder1969