Renault Megane 2004 1.4 16V - Oil Change?

Hi all,

My girlfriend has a Renault Megane 1.4 16 Valve (2004 UK Model), and typical of a women (sorry couldn't resist) she has lost the owners manual. The car needs an oil change and I am wondering if anyone could provide me with a step-by-step guide to doing it for this model.

Also will the Engine Management System automatically detect a new oil change, thus eliminating the irritating "Oil Change Required" messages displayed on the console, or would this need to be reset by an authorised Renault service centre.

Thanks in advance for any replies Best Regards Mick

Reply to
Materialised

Look out for the national tyres oil change offers for 15 (or so ) quid.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

I don't mean to be rude but if you need instructions to do it I would recommend you pay someone else to do it.

If the car needs an oil & filter change it also needs a service. This includes checking the car is safe etc. Once that is done you can reset the service light.

Alan

Reply to
Alan

There may possibly been a 'gap' in understanding - not everyone has a copy of the autodata book that says how to reset some cars' service lights - the one for my Megane Dci is nothing like intuitive. Awkward, binary and software based is a more accurate description.

He might have serviced most of it already, and some places will do an oil/filter change for the retail cost of the parts - why on earth would you want to do it yourself for the same money?

Besides, he might be someone (like me) who is happy to change oil between main services - my oil & service intervals are 18,000 miles apart, and I've been changing the oil at 6,000 mile intervals. Yes, the engine does feel smoother after an oil change!

Adam

Reply to
Adam H