Renault Megane 98 - Wiring problem?

Hi

Having a problem with my wiring on my renault. When I put the indicators on and then hit the brakes, the indicators and brake lights will blink together (Christmas tree!), or the indicators will go off completely once the brakes are applied!

It seems to affect the left hand indicator more so than the right, and the back lights more than the front...

Is this just an earth problem? Is it easily fixed and could I do it myself?

Any help much appreciated, thanks.

Reply to
Shanks

Probably a bad earth near the rear lamps.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

I am a bit of a novice... Is this something I can fix myself?

Quite prepared to have a go, but don't want to electricute myself for Xmas!

Thanks

Reply to
Shanks

Identify the earth wire and connect a wire onto it and run the other end of the wire to a good earth. The outside of all the bulbs will be connected to the same pin on the connector which is earth.

John

Reply to
John