Renault Megane Coupe

Hi, small problem with a Megane Coupe (R plate) in that I can't get the front wipers to work properly. When I switch them on, I can hear the relay clicking but nothing happens. If I then turn on the heater blower, the wipers work (but slowly).

I have a Haynes workshop manual and that says to check the fuses and relays. Fuses are OK and the relays do click (although that doesn't meant he work) and so I tried to take one out to test it. The Haynes manual says just pull the relay out but they appear to be stuck in. I pulled so hard, the black plastic cap came off and I hear a crack (sounded like the PCB under the relay had crackled (oh s**t!) so I don't know if I have damaged the main relay housing now.

Anyone had a similar problem of have any good advice on how to correct the problem and know if in fact, if the relay do just pull out?

Cheers

Reply to
Kel

They should just pull out, it sounds like yours is either corroded in or welded in, which may explain why it doesn't work. If you.ve pullled the cover off the relay you can see if the contacts are working.

Reply to
Duncanwood