Renault Megane Replacement Tyres...

Hi, I have a Renault Megane Classic 1.6e 1997 with size 'T' Tyres but have been told I need an 'H'. Could someone please tell me what tyres I need.

Thanks

Reply to
Sniper

Whatever speed rating the car needs. Probably came with Hs and had Ts fitted by a cheapskate previous owner. You can go to higher speed ratings but not lower ones - H is 130, T is 118mph. The wrong rating tyres can bugger up handling, blowout and upset your insurance company - higher speed tyres are stronger than lower speed ones, and cars are often specced with tyres rated for speeds well above their top speed for good reasons.

Reply to
Doki

The T and H only refer to the speed rating, the maximum speed the tyres are certified for.

T is up to 118mph, H is up to 130mph.

Your current tyres should also have something like 180/65R15 (example!) on - that's the size you need. There will be a wide range of possibilities from budget tyres up to all-out performance specials at exorbitant prices.

I swaer by what I've got now, Vredestein Hi-Trac's, but go along to any tyre fitters and they should be able to tell you the right size for the car and what the price options are.

Who told you you needed 'H' rated tyres, BTW?

Reply to
PC Paul