Renault Megane reverse lights stuck on?

My Megane (1997 R Reg 1.6 RXE) has developed a fault where the reverse lights are stuck on and if I switch the front wipers on the reverse ones go as well.

Almost like the car thinks it is in reverse but isn't.

Does anyone have any idea what it could be and whether it would be easy to fix?

Don't want to get stung by my local dealer if I can help it.

Reply to
Mark

Sounds like the reverse switch in the gear box is stuck , an easy job as long as you can find the switch

Hope this helps

Radar

Reply to
radar

Anyone?

Reply to
Mark

According to Haines (sorry) it is on the left side of the gearbox near the driveshaft. It is just a case of disconnecting the wiring, unscrewing the switch and replacing it. You need a new oil seal too. You can test for a circuit with a battery and bulb or just chuck it and get a new one anyway.

pb

Reply to
pb