Renault migane 2.0 16v 2002 unable to rev like a govener fitted

Renault miganne 2.0 16v 2002 manual trans,

unable to rev like a govener fitted

Car At times hard to start from cold

also when engine warm car revs to about 200 rpm then if you try to rev more hunts badly making the car un driveable

It is like someone switching a cut off when the engine reaches 2000 rpm plus

I did notice the fuel pressure regulator had only 1 bolt instaed of 2 when I moved this regulator it appeared to cure the problem

Si I removed the rgulaor and tried to clen but sealed replaced the missing securing bolt but on re start of the car still the same problem

but now on moving the regulator makes no differance , I have tried the wiring and all ok

I know this is a bit vague but does this sound like a fuel regulator problem

thanks for the help

Reply to
ticker

On the face of it, this sounds like a blocked exhaust, or a possible TPS fault.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Also check for collapsed/blocked air hoses or filter if you haven't already.

Zimmy

PS - also known in the trade as the "Renault Migraine"...

Tim. .

Reply to
Tim..