Renault Safrane Vi 2200 Computer Display Dim

Hi

I have just bought a 1996 Renault Safrane 2200 Vi Executive and i have to say that it is a wonderful car to drive. Very sleek.

Anyway I notice the computer display is not visible. It is there but very, very dim. I can see the little car moving and when I reset it the milage goes to -----. Thing is does any one know why it is so dim when the milometer display is very bright although they are adjustable from a common knob. My feeling is that it may be run from a lithium battery but if it is then where is it?

I really would appreciate any help with this a taking it to Renault would result in a huge un afordable bill.

Please consider a direct reply as well as a news group reply at:

Remove the NOSPAM bit please

snipped-for-privacy@martin53.freeserve.co.ukNOSPAM

Reply to
arctree

It will be the bulb behind the panel. I think there is two blubs, one has gone. take the speedo clocks out a change the blub.You need a torx/star set if you haven't got one, T10 and T20 is needed. If you need anything more info on the Safrane's, i've had 3, just ask.

Have Fun TAZZA

Reply to
TaZzA