Renault Scenic (horrible smell)

2004 French Wheelie Bin.... start it up....fishy smell comes from air outlets. Any ideas? (Apart from dead fish/Frenchmen).

It has Auto Climate Control (aircon with more buttons!), just in case its relevant.

tia

ginga

Reply to
Gingangooli

It'll be the air coditioning pollock filter.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

What? A function of its operation? Or that its fooked?

Knowing the French I thought it might be an air freshener :-/

Reply to
Gingangooli

"Gingangooli" wrote

As below, change the pollen filter and buy a deodouriser such as

Knight Of The Road

Climate control isn't really air conditioning with more buttons, there's more to it than this... but... One technique is to dry out the ventilation system. In your car, you may need to run it "as normal" with the air conditioning in use. Then select maximum heat and the system into Econ mode (or whatever Renault call it whereby it'll heat but not chill using the air conditioning).

Twenty minutes normal use, ten minutes full heat - it's enough to keep nasty smells from my own vehicles.

Reply to
DervMan