Renault Scenic rear door lock jammed

Hi everyone, I have a 1998 Renault Scenic RXE which has a problem with the central locking. The driver's side rear door does not unlock when the car is opened.

The servo for the lock is moving, but I don't think it is moving enough to open the lock.

Any ideas?

Reply to
CK

strip it out of the dorr reconnect it and watch what is happening it may be just siezed

Reply to
Mindwipe

I am trying to do that, unfortunately, as the door is locked shut, there is little access to the servomotor.

Reply to
CK

suppose the motor could be sheared internally only way forward is to remove internal trim and smash the motor apart

Reply to
Mindwipe

My guess is that you 'plip'ed when someone was opening the rear door. This causes a small bit of plastic to break and stop the servo opening your door. I spent ages trying to open my door after this happened, gave up went a local Renault garage where there service guy smiled and said that'll be £60! It seems it happens a lot.

-- Chris

Reply to
Chris Lawson

Reply to
opbeta

Hi;

I have the same problem with my renault scenic (S reg), however it is now a 2 door sportish diesel, as the 2 rear doors have locked / jammed shut.

I had been having trouble with the doors being sticky, but the motor/solenoid which pushes up still seemed to push but will not open the lock, the lock seems to be jammed.

Do you know actually what the renault garage had to do to the lock and was this =A360 all they took ?.

Thanks

Graham Swan

Reply to
opbeta

They had to cut away at the anti-coathanger lock covering thing so they could open the door then put a new lock in. It could have been £80.

-- Chris

Reply to
Chris Lawson