Renault Scenic - Whole car shakes..

when engine is under any sort of load over 2500 revs. Such as accelerating or maintaining speed over65mph.

When you ease backon the throttle it disappears. any ideas ?

Engine mounts or sonething like that?

BTW. Its an auto.

Reply to
paulfoel

IANA car-type person - but I took my car (not a Renault) to the garage with something similar and it turned out to be the tyres. I had flat-spotted them or they had deformed or something similar. He showed me that, with the wheel jacked up, the distance between tyre and ground changed visibly as the wheel was rotated by hand.

I just thought I would mention it - Please don't be too rude if it is a load of nonsense..

Reply to
Palindrome

Sounds like you have a bad misfire. Get garage to check it out before you melt the cat.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Do I smell the familiar smell of Renault coil pack saga?

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

Is it a petrol car in the south east of England?

Reply to
Dr Zoidberg

C'mon, just because he's a southerner doesn't mean he can't drive worth a f*ck. Shirley?

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

Wi'n byw yng Nghymu !!!!

Reply to
paulfoel

no thats a reasonable suggestion I think.... Thx.

Reply to
paulfoel

A misfire which only starts at 65mph and then stops at about 70mph ???

Reply to
paulfoel

The OP says it starts at 2500rpm but mentions no speed where the misfire stops..

HT related misfires usually begin at an engine speed somewhere around peak cylinder pressure, and get worse.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

"when engine is under any sort of load over 2500 revs. Such as accelerating or maintaining speed over65mph."

I did 'sort of' mention the speed....

Reply to
paulfoel

Could well be an inner CV joint. I had a Scenic do that. You don't mention the mileage?

HTH

Reply to
Simon Wilson

82K