Renault Trafic Van heater not working

Hi...

I have a 1990 G reg, 2100D (non turbo) Renault Trafic Van.

The heater has stopped working, just at the wrong point in the year too!

It does seem to work after you've been going flat out on the motorway for about 10 mins, then some heat comes through... But other than that, nothin!

(By the way... Flat out in a renault trafic 2.1D is only 70mph... Just so you don't think I'm a speed freak who drives everywhere at 130mph!)

Any advice?

Thanks Paul

Reply to
Paul

Sounds like your thermostat needs replacing too! Similar kind of problem to me, not much heat coming through, needle hardly moves much. Other times it is fine, so it seems likely the thermostat is stick. Seems they cost around the 9/10 pound mark to purchase.

Reply to
Alan Raymond

Make sure that your radiator is topped up with water to correct level. A very low water level with result in little heat coming from heater also the temp guage will hardly move.

Reply to
Christopher Macleod