Repairing 2001 Focus rear bumper

Since clipping the pebble dashed driveway wall a year ago and putting a 3 inch crack and a bunch of fairly viscious tooth marks from the sharp granite pebbles into the corner of the rear bumper I've been contemplating a repair. My time's my own so I can whip the bumper off and patch it up over the winter but what to repair it with? It's clearly some type of plastic and quite thick. I imagine there will be fillers available I can fill the gouges with and then sand them down. What to patch up the crack from behind with though? Fibreglass or are there special repair materials for this type of plastic?

Painting's not a problem. My mate Garry knows people who can slap a bit of that on once I've done the prep.

Suggestions?

Reply to
Dave Baker

Weld it.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Use a soldering iron or even a red hot piece of piping to melt the ends together.

Reply to
Jim Baker