Replacement windscreen

There's a large crack trailing from the top right corner that's growing daily on the windscreen on my 1996 Audi Cabriolet 2.6. Where can I find online pricing for a replacement windscreen? My insurance doesn't cover replacement, unfortunately.

Reply to
Alex Buell

The message from Alex Buell contains these words:

Have you got time to extend your cover?

Reply to
Guy King

Naughty thaught. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

On Fri, 9 Jun 2006 18:31:37 +0100, I waved a wand and this message magically appeared from Guy King:

No.

FFS, there's gotta be a place where I can get quotes.

Reply to
Alex Buell

or worth checking you local paper for local small firm

HTH

Reply to
James_sutton

Yellow pages. Look for windscreens. Lots of companies that do them.

HTH

Pete.

Reply to
Pete Smith

Just Give RAC a call

Most helpful with no obligation Quotes IMX

Tom

Reply to
Tom Burton

Pete Smith (pete snipped-for-privacy@lethe.org.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

And - from personal experience - the "names you know" are going to be a LOT more expensive than the small guys.

Reply to
Adrian

Budget windscreens gave me a quote about a third of one of the more known companies but i haven't had the work done yet.

Reply to
adder1969

budget did a screen for me several years back told them i was paying myself and the whole screen on a transit came to £90

Autoglass wanted £240

Reply to
Steve Robinson

You could argue that there's different quality glass used in each of the above - but probably not to such a great extent that it warrants nearly 3 times the price.

Reply to
Taylor

Taylor ( snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

You could. But I strongly suspect you'd be wrong to do so.

Reply to
Adrian

The message from Adrian contains these words:

You could also argue that one firm might make a very much better job of it than the other. I'd be reluctant to say which would be which though!

Reply to
Guy King

Guy King ( snipped-for-privacy@zetnet.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Now that's very likely.

Lemme think about this... Didn't Kwik-Fit own AutoWindscreens at some point recently?

Reply to
Adrian