Replacing a diesel injector connector

Got an '06 Vectra 1.9 CDTi with a dodgy injector connector on injector #3. Does anyone know what other models share the same connector so I can scout the local scrappers, or suggest an alternative source.

I'm thinking the only options are to replace the whole loom (err... no), or chop and solder a replacement connector in. I'm not missing a better 3rd solution am I?

I suppose it's possible that the fault is in the connector part of the injector, but I'm assuming that's highly unlikely... unless anyone knows otherwise?

Cheers Paul

------------------- change [at] to @ in email address to reply

Reply to
Paul M

Is it easy to swap injectors 2 and 3 and see if the fault moves with the injector or stays with the connector?

Reply to
rp

Thanks for the suggestion. I might try that next, but in the meantime, persistence with google seems to have paid off. Found this link:

Apparently VX had to redesign the injector connectors because of problems. Always injector 3 for some reason. They issued a field fix kit, part number is in that thread. Later models had the redesigned connector. Mine is one of the later models with the newer connector, but everything else tallies, so for the £12 that it's supposed to cost, I'm going to give it a shot.

If that doesn't work, it must be the injector. New one is nearly £300 so I don't even want to think about that...

Thanks Paul

Reply to
Paul M

Give this man a try -

will be able to sort out a connector for you, then you just needto attach it to the cables. I would cut the old one off, solder thewires together and use heatshrink or self amalgamating tape anda final layer of insulation tape to keep it insulated.

Reply to
John Veldman

I got the field fix from VX the same day. Just fitted it (soldered and insulated as you said) and the engine is back to normal, all warning lights extinguished.

Going to stick that site in my favourites though, as it looks like it could be very useful in future.

Thanks for the suggestion, Paul

Reply to
Paul M