Replacing cassette player with CD

The P reg 214 SI I just acquired has a radio/cassette player that has integrated controls on the steering wheel for channel searching and volume.

I have a sony radio/cd player from the previous car. So if I replace rad/cass with with the sony can I link it up with the steering wheel controls?

Thanks.

Arthur

Reply to
51

In news: snipped-for-privacy@j27g2000cwj.googlegroups.com,

51 wittered on forthwith;

Depends on if the Sony has the capacity for a wired remote. Most do, but you'll have to buy the Sony - Rover adaptor. It should be available from places like Halfrauds and Moron World.

Reply to
Pete M

if the Sony has the capacity for a wired remote. Most do, but

Good info, Pete. Thanks.

Arthur

Reply to
51

Did this a few years back, fitted an Alpine radio plus flipper coder box. Works a treat.

PDH

Reply to
Paul Hubbard