Resetting a service light

Fiat Ducato, 03 reg, 2.5TDI, need to reset the serivce light. Anyone know how? It's had a service in a garage, but they dont know how to do it either, and someone wants to borrow it to go round Europ in a couple of weeks, and I cant let it go whilst its lit up!

TIA

-Ben

Reply to
Wagg

Why not? It's just informative. I've ignored it on my Fiat for years. If you MUST have it switched off you can pay a Fiat dealer to do it but I wouldn't bother.

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave

try the standard: hold down the trip meter button and turn on the ignition, after a few seconds the light goes out.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

They'll think there is something wrong, its the way they are. Its just had a service, but the garage who did it doesnt know how to reset the damn thing.

-Ben

Reply to
Wagg

Wonder how much else they didn't know about servicing?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

=A0 London SW

Several other garages that I spoke to also dont know how to reset it. Tried some info on the internet, but it didn't work. Looks like they'll just have to deal with the light being on!

-Ben

Reply to
Wagg

oddly enough reset for that vehicle is not in my copy of autodata, have you tried the standard reset?

Reply to
Mrcheerful

it tells you how to do it in the vehicle handbook which these days is unusual

Reply to
steve robinson

how sneaky to hide it there, no one will ever see it

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Take it back to the garage, if they do not know how to reset the light it shows they have not done any of the required work and charged you for parking it up.

Reply to
Clive

I've tried everything on this link, and similar things I have found on the internet, but it still wont go out:

I am an 03 tho, and not an 07.

-Ben

Reply to
Wagg