Result!

Good news yesterday. A neighbour came round for a chat and happened to mention there's an old inspection pit at the far end of my building.

Filled in with clay and gravel years ago, but I'll be digging it out this summer.

WooHoo!

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

In article , Grimly Curmudgeon writes

Your house wasn't previously owned by Albert Christie, Peter Sutcliffe, Denis Nilsen or the like, was it?

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Mike Tomlinson ( snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAM.jasper.org.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

That nice Mr West, p'raps?

Reply to
Adrian

You lucky, lucky bastard!

JB

Reply to
JB

The message from Mike Tomlinson contains these words:

My old boss lived in Nielsen's flat. When the West business blew up the Daily Mail did an interview asking what it was like to live in a house with a grisly past. She said, echoing the then current Flymo advert "Well, sometimes it's as if the garden lends a hand".

Reply to
Guy King

I'm jealous my gran had a house in bBackpool with a double garage and pit but she never drove she just rented it out for storage Derek

Reply to
Derek

S'pose you could keep a m/bike in the pit

Reply to
MickS

Close!

It was John Reginald Halliday Christie....

Not many remember now.

Reply to
this-is

The message from snipped-for-privacy@.invalid contains these words:

10 Rillington Place?
Reply to
Guy King

Nice.

No,you'll be pickaxing it out wishing for some C4 for the really awkward rocks.

It'll make the finished product all the sweeter to use though you lucky gyet!

Reply to
Chris Street

It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Chris Street saying something like:

Heh. Given I know this bloke is a bit of a bullshit merchant, I'd not be surprised to find myself at the bottom of a brand new pit I've dug while looking for the old one.

If it's there. ;)

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

The very same!

And the name of the guy who got the six o'clock drop was.....

Reply to
this-is

The message from snipped-for-privacy@.invalid contains these words:

If you mean Timothy Evans - then - er - Timothy Evans.

Reply to
Guy King