retrofit Cruise control to an Vauxhall Omega - 4 Pins ???

Following from previous post, thanks all who helped, I have seen a Cruise control stalk for an omega with a 4 pin connector.

Is this compatible with the Facelift 2.2 Petrol CD Auto Omega (Y plate). Are the cruise control stalks the same ? Am I right in thinking that the pins for the indicator and lights are on the base of the stalk, and the cruise control buts on the flying lead with this 4 pin connector ?

Worth checking before I try to fit and visit the VX Garage to "Enable" it.

Thanks, Andy.

Reply to
a.j.beddoes

I think the stalk is the same on all models except for cars with the BMW six cylinder diesel which used a two pin connector but all petrols were four pin. There is a guide on the omega owners forum for the drive by wire vehicle:

Check if it works before going to the dealers, some were already enabled.

I think a new stalk is only about ?36. I had to replace my stalk anyway since it had worn (I can't be sure what was worn now but I remember main beam would flash when I moved the indicator stalk and the cause was the plastic wearing away somewhere, no problem with the actual contacts). I would be wary of a second hand stalk since it could be worn anyway but it does depend on the cost. Mine had done over a 100k before the stalk wore out.

Reply to
rp