Retrofit interval wiper?

I have a 98 poverty spec Peugeot 106. The rear wiper is constantly one when I select it. What I want to do is activate the wiper and have it sweep the window every 10 seconds or so, like the front wipers can do.

I reckon it's a simple(!) matter of wiring in a relay, or connecting the wires through the existing relay.

Any words of wisdom? If it's not feasible, that's OK, I just need a project!

Thanks

Mark.

Reply to
Mark

"Intermittent wipe" was a popular project in magazines like Practical Electronics, Everyday Electronics etc. in the days before every car had them. I expect that, if you do a Google, someone will have a circuit collection on the internet.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Reay.

In article , Mark I have a 98 poverty spec Peugeot 106. The rear wiper is constantly one

You might be lucky and find the wiring is in place for more upmarket versions that have this feature - and all you'd have to do is change the switch and fit the delay unit.

Does the motor have a parking circuit? If it has, it makes fitting a delay that much easier. Just a short pulse will get it going and the parking circuit takes over and stops it.

Vellerman at one time did a kit for what you want. A quick Google should find if they still do. Other possibility is Jaycar. I think I have the circuit of the Vellerman one somewhere.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Maplin sell kits that will do exactly what you require, they used to do a dedicated wiper one, but they definitely do a 12v powered kit that gives you adjustable interval and adjustable pulse width, I built one for a different purpose not long ago. The kit was about 8 quid plus a box if needed.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Vellerman K2599 is the one I need I think. I had never heard of them! Thanks.

Reply to
Mark

They are long established and their kits generally ok and easy to build. Maplin sell them - but you'll likely do better online. They are based in Belgium.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

en I select it. What I want to do is activate the wiper and have it sweep t= he window every 10 seconds or so, like the front wipers can do. I reckon it= 's a simple(!) matter of wiring in a relay, or connecting the wires through= the existing relay. Any words of wisdom? If it's not feasible, that's OK, = I just need a project! Thanks Mark.

Check if higher spec' models, especially estates, have a intermittent rear = wiper. If so, swapping the relay might work. I did this on my old Mk.2 Mond= eo.

Reply to
Stephen Leak