Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- revs/accelerator sticking
- garry parker
February 18, 2005, 6:35 pm
rate this thread
don't always drop back down to tickover when I stop at the lights or slow
down for corners etc. I have to blip the accelerator up a bit to "clear"
it, and then the revs drop back down.
It's got worse this week, and I've had to change the way I slow down due to
not allways having engine braking to help slow down with.
Any ideas what might be causing the problem?
Thanks a lot.
Re: revs/accelerator sticking
Thanks for the reply. I did as suggested, and the swivel part at the end of
the cable is sticking just short of its return. The cable is ok as I can
see a bit of slack which the swivel part does not take up.
Is it ok to try WD40 or some oil on this? I suspect if I take it to a
garage they will do the same.
- » what voltage do you expect from cig lighter? 12 or 14v?
- — Last Updated thread in » Car Maintenance
- » 2013 Camry LE, What Kind of Prices Have People Been Getting?
- — The site's Last Updated Thread. Posted in » General Toyota Forum