Road tax online question?

Just got my new computerised MoT today. I understand you can now apply for road tax online without going to the PO. Can I still do this if the taxation class is "Disabled" or will I need to apply at the PO so they can view and stamp the exemption certificate?

Reply to
John

I'd go to the PO unless it's a lot of hassle for you, as I suspect the computerised system will take yonks and be a PITA...

Reply to
Doki

depends: For the Disabled tax class, at present we are only able to verify your disability entitlement electronically with the Veterans Agency (VA)

. DVLA are continuing to develop a similar link with the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)
which will be available in the future. However you are able to declare SORN using this service.

so the post office is probably the way forward.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

THey'll still need to see the exemption certificate.

Reply to
Conor

Ironic really, the group of people who would probably most benefit from the service cant use it.

Typical!

Reply to
Tom Burton

The message from "Tom Burton" contains these words:

Nor can they walk to the Post Office - since it's been closed and they can't drive to it 'cos their car ain't taxed!

Reply to
Guy King

Ok thanks. I suppose it'll be ready when I'm ...........................DEAD!

Reply to
John