Rover 115 suspension

I own a late model Rover 115 Diesel and the front suspension seems a little low. Is the front suspension pumped up the same as the rear?

How much should I expect to pay to have the suspension pumped up?

TIA tox

Reply to
Dirty Airy

Is the suspension the same as the plain vanila petrol late model Metro/Rover 100 ? Wasn't the Rover 100 a properly interconnected hydrogas system unlike the early A series engined Metro --- ie on each side front and rear are interconnected ? In which case the front it pump up with the rear. However if this is the case its low at the front it sounds like the gas springs in the front displacers are knackered.

Reply to
Zoro

My old Maxi was like that - nsf connected to nsr, osf to osr.

IIRC my old A series ('83) Metro was independent at the front, and connected osr to nsr.

Reply to
Ian Cummings

About 20-30 quid

Reply to
Andrew Ratcliffe

snip

The Suspension changed when the k series engine was put in the Metro, Alex Moulton pushed Austin-Rover into putting proper hydrogas suspension on the later cars, the system on the MK2 Metro being a kludge. But I don't know if this applied to the diesel engined cars which are obviously much heavier at the front. Older generation BMC fwd drive cars used trim springs or trim torsion bars at the rear to pull the pback end down hence raising the front.

Reply to
Zoro

I had a problem with a Rover 100 suspension. The pipe work was rubbing on the subframe? and a tiny hole caused the whole of the left side of the car to collapse. Got rid of that car double quick afterwards.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Stanton

Why, if you'd fixed it? I've mate who just had the aircon pump go on his Passat TDi He spent £1500 replacing pump, timing belt, full service, while the front was off...... Then sold it! "I could never trust it again"

Shakes head