Rover 200 antenna

Hi,

Does anyone know if the antenna in Rover 200 (95 - Old shape) is power controlled or not. My radio works properly but the antenna does not move and also the FM is pretty weak. If it is power controlled, then what do I need to check and where ? Any help is appreciated.

Regards.

Reply to
Prasanta

My 95 old shave 214 has one you pull up (it's over the off-side door)

- yours might be really stiff (ooh err)

--Nick,.

Reply to
Nick

They do get stiff over the years. I remember the instructions for one aerial advised you to oil it every week to avoid this. A drop or two of oil certainly wont do any damage to the aerial.

A stiff aerial, however, wont affect your reception unless it is stuck in the down position. A more likely problem is the aerial's earth (particularly if it is mounted on the front wing, above the spray from the wheel). One way to improve the earth is to cut away a small part of the outer insulation on the aerial's wire and solder a small cable from here to a suitable point on the body.

___

dp