Rover 214 Brakes - Knocking

Hi all.

My Rover 214 brake saga continues.

They made my squeeky brakes not squeek (for one day) and now, a couple of months on (I've given up on getting rid of the squeeking) they've started to make knocking sounds. I reverse, put on the brakes and there's knock, then I go forward, put on the brakes, they knock again. It only happens when I change direction, so I assume there's some movement in them. It only started today.

Should I get someone to drop it back into National Tyres & Autocare tomorrow, or is this new knocking sound not an issue? They've done about 3,000 miles on the new brake disks + shoes now, they were put on in October.

--Nick.

Reply to
Nick

get an expert to look at it, do not drive it in the meantime. Knocking could indicate loose wheel, loose caliper, worn suspension, loose hubnut etc. Any of which could kill someone.

MrCheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

The car was taken to National by mother dearest while I was at work today (I hadn't read this reply then) and National took it all apart, and put it back together again, and said that a quantity of knocking was "normal"

Although in years of driving for me and friends there is no such occurance of "knocking" brakes. I will take it out tomorrow and see if the knocking continues. If it does then I'll take it to a garage and ask them. (Or should I call the RAC to help me to a garage?)

--Nick.

Reply to
Nick