Rover 214 Fast tickover

Hi, I have just had my head gasket replaced and since then my tickover has been spordically quite high around 1500rpm, it will sometimes come down to

800 but then rise again even when hot.

Any ideas please. Water obviously got into the engine when the gasket originally blew if that helps

cheers Gary

Reply to
Gary214

Check that the vacuum pipe to the ecu is connected and not snapped off, cracked or otherwise borked.

Otherwise get a tin of carb cleaner and with the engine running spray it around the inlet manifold, if there is a vacuum leak there then the engine speed will change dramatically when you spray the right spot, if so then get the inlet gasket replaced as necessary.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Vacuum is leaking somewhere

Reply to
mini86

Thanks both, will check those ideas tomorrow, if it is the inlet gasket it could have been caused by the excessive pressure from the leaking of water into the head when the cylinder head gasket failed.

thanks Gary

Reply to
Gary214