rover 214si cig lighter

I had a hands free phone kit in the car, the type you plug into the cig lighter. I took it out yesterday to plug a gps into the socket and the whole of the unit came out!! I pushed it back in place, but of course it doesn't work...............

Is it an easy job to get to/plug back together or definitely a garage job?

Any ideas/help appreciated.

Ta

Reply to
Sid

The default answer when anyone sees "214Si":

The cig lighter comes out AS A RESULT OF HEAD GASKET FAILURE.

--Nick.

Reply to
Nick

Cheaper to replace the car than take it to a professional.

Peter Hill

/me chuckles at other posts, but a serious answer,

if u pull it back out again, u should see 1 wire with a spade connecter flopping around, or the matching plug to fit on the lighter socket.

Reply to
Neil

Already fixed. Simple T block connector. Thanks to all replied, amusing if nothing else!!!

Reply to
Sid