Rover 216 coupe D Series engine

I have a Rover 216 coupe with the honda D Series engine and it has been driving fine until two days ago i noticed a noise coming from my gearbox. I can hear this noise when i am driving it sounds like the gearbox is low on oil. At first i thought my engine was low on oil by the sort of noise the gearbox makes, I had a look under the car and noticed oil coming from the gearbox. If it is the gearbox oil level which is causing this noise where is the oil filler plug and what type of oil do i use is it correct that i use engine oil 10 40 instead of manual gearbox oil.

I have recently had a metal coolant pipe fitted under the inlet manifold due to coolant leaking from pipe. This was fitted about a week and a half ago. Thought i'd mention this in case this helps

Be very greatful for any suggestions!!

Reply to
mikee216coupe/hondaengine