Rover 216 engine replacement

I have acquired a Rover 216 automatic, R reg (bubble shape) with an ultra-low compression, ventilated crankcase engine - something to do with an imperfection in the cambelt tensioner.

I don't intend to keep it, but it's probably worth putting a functional engine in before selling it. Any particular gotchas about engine changing with these cars? Is a 416 K series engine interchangeable? If I get an engine from a manual box car, will the flywheels just swap over, or are there any other differences?

And, of course, if anyone has or knows of a suitable engine, I'd be pleased to hear. I'm near Derby.

Reply to
Autolycus