Rover 220 GTi (1992) - No power to coil ?!?!?

Hi, I have a 1992 (J) Rover 220 GTi 16v twin cam

It was all working, then I changed the clutch cable, cleaned the dizzy and plugs, put it back together, turned key and had a very weak spark and so no combustion.

I'd broken the earth wire between the -ve and front of the vody (by bonnet catch). I turned key as my Dad held the wire together - it worked. Took it apart and tried it, no combustion. So I then got a new earth and fixed this (all working definately). Turned key, wont start!

OKay, so I traced it back to now there being no spark, no power from coil, and no power to coil.

What have I checked?

All fuses and relays under bonnet Bought an ECU with same start number All fuses and relays in drivers compartment Wires from hall effect sensor Ensure alarm is either off, or disable (i.e. using key fob) - this is 3rd party and as far as I'm aware doesn't have immobiliser Open closed doors + windows in the ciorrect way to try and reset ECU Bump start it (just in case) Checked ignition lights Double checked all earths esp earth to ECU Looked for the cut-off switch under steering wheel - not there Plus more I'm sure

So what happens.

Turn key, ignition lights on (they turn off when it's being towed in gear as they should), engine turns over but no cumbustion, no power to coil so no power to dizzy ...

Any ideas?

I have no manual (no Haynes manual for my car) and am stuck!

It was working fine before this

All help appreciated

Cheers

Reply to