Rover 220D

I have the chance to buy an S reg Rover 220D from a work mate for £2500 ono. It's got FSH, 6months tax and test, air con, sun roof and just had the timing belt done. It's done 75k miles and is in good cond, he will also take our knackered n reg Micra in part ex. Is it worth going for?

Jim

Reply to
Jim Crawford

I've just had a brief look on autotrader and that price looks about right for a dealer. The car sounds like it's in good condition, so basically that price is not too expensive or not too cheap, it's about right?

Reply to
T.

Bear in mind there are two versions of this- the non intercooled (80bhp) and the intercooled (100). The later is the far better buy.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

Sounds about twice as much as it should be if you ask me. A month or so back I was vaguely entertaining the idea of buying one of these, and did a quick search on Auto Trader (nationwide search). There were loads around the £1500 mark, and the cheapest was a T reg with 90k on the clock and FSH for £1100. It's a Rover. They're worth f*ck all. Don't make the mistake of paying too much for one.

Though having said that, as someone mentioned, there are two versions of that engine, and you'd be as well going for the more powerful one (intercooled I think). Still, I'd wager there'd still be a fair amount of them around for £1500 or so, so unless he's offering a stupidly high part-ex price for the Micra I wouldn't bother.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan