Rover 220SDi Low Oil Pressure lamp

Hello

What's the most likely failure that could cause this lamp to be lit?

I noticed it driving last night, turned off the engine immediately and checked the oil level, which was fine. Restarting the engine (risky move..?) caused the light to go out, and it stayed out for the rest of the way home (another 5 miiles or so). I tried a quick run out in it today, it seemed fine until then the light came back on after about 4 miles. Again it went back out upon restarting the engine.

Does this sound like an oil pump could be on the way out - or could it be a faulty oil pressure sensor? Car is a 96 N and has about 110,000 miles on it. Oil last changed about 4 months/4000 miles ago.

Thanks Keith

Reply to
Keith O