Rover 414i electric problem

Hello,

I've got an electric problem on my N reg Rover 414i. The tailget wiper, rear heated screen, rear foglamps and interior courtesy light do not work, the rear washer works. The interior light works when using it's switch so it's not the bulb and the door open warning light comes on when any door is open so it's not the switches.

I've checked the fuses and all are OK. I bought the Haynes manual and have traced through the circuit diagrams, which lead me to a common component - the 'Multifunction Unit'. Other devices like front wipers/washers clock and radio which I think have a connection to this unit work.

So could my problem be with a partially defunct Multifunction Unit?

Where is it hidden and what does it look like as the Haynes manual doesn't give any hint?

Thanks in advance,

Jimmy

Reply to
Jimmy Gibson