Rover 418 turbo diesel. Strange problem. Help please.

Rover 418 turbo diesel (Pug engine). Changed clutch, then the car wont ideal. It starts then cut off. So we checked and changed the cut off solenoid(magnet valve), then changed prime diesel pump because it was leaking diesel(hand pump for bleeding the air in the system). It still cuts off! If you keep the revs up, it is fine, but once u take the foot off then it wont idle. The car has got a factory immobiliser fitted. Any one has any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
mini86

Forgot to say, the return pipe was leaking then we put a new pipe on but we are using some small hose clamp to hold it in position because the pipe is not tight fit to the nozzle so when the car starts the pipe cannot stand the pressure(without the clamp) and come off the nozzle, We have also tried to slack the injector nuts to bleed the system.

Reply to
mini86

Most likely air getting into fuel lines all pipes need to be a good fit and clamped properly also maybe check metal pipes on fuel tank as may be corroded and letting air in

Tony

Reply to
TMC