Rover 420 oil Light

hi

have purchased a rover 420 TD R reg and the oil light is on red , checked the oil it was low and topped up but the light is still on also the battery light is always on and the ABS light shows amber until I start the engine.

have I bought a pup ? Any ideas?

cheers

cm

Reply to
cmont

The ABS light should do that - the rest shouldn't. Did not notice this before you bought it...?

Reply to
DanTXD

Yes.

You're a blind f****it.

Reply to
SteveH

nice , now then mr know all what is wrong then?

i came for information , if you have nothing useful to say then please shut up..

SteveH wrote:

Reply to
cmont

I give in - it's obviously some sort of word play, but how do you get "mo" to equal "u"?

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

OK GUYS - I ADMIT - i dont know anything about cars , but why be so nasty about that??

I can write programs that would screw your computer up a million ways without you realsing it but just because you cudnt look at the program script and tell me how it was gonna f*ck up yer pc doesnt mean I would be nasty to you...

so i know little of cars , and i AM learning the hard way , just as you would if i messed up your pc....

gettit??

Ian Dalziel wrote:

Reply to
cmont

If you have nothing useful to say then please shut up...

If you want help then I suggest you don't barge in and insult everyone.

What exactly makes you think you're the only competent programmer on Usenet, then?

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

The same thing that makes him think he's l33t. Wrongness.

To cmunt: if you really do know *anything* about hacking, think of usenet as a comms protocol. You have to give the group the right signals to get the right response.

You can give all the content you like in terms of what car, what symptoms etc but if you wrap it in all the wrong headers then all you'll get back is crap.

And oh boy did you use the wrong headers.

And can you see the crap you get back?

You play nice, we play nice.

Reply to
PC Paul

Ha :) I think I can safely claim to be a competent software developer and in my experience people who have a poor grasp of basic language skills generally aren't too hot (massive understatement) on the programming side of things. Probably are irritating teenagers who like to show off my demonstrating how easy it is to hack Microsoft stuff or older people that like to use Microsoft tools to program with which generally make it easy for an untalented developer to come up with something half-baked and crap but that looks like it might be useful.

Linux rules. I bet you can't hack that.

Rant over :)

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Spikings
[snip drivel]

There's plenty to make me think he's a wannabe script kiddie, not a competent anything.

Reply to
David Taylor

What the f*ck is l33t ?

Reply to
DanTXD

ABS light is working properly.

Oil light can be either a duff sensor or the engine is shagged. If it doesnt rattle like a bag of spanners, it's probably the sender.

Reply to
Conor

Have you seen the number of security patches we've had on Dead Rat systems recently?

On the plus side, they went on without a reboot as usual unlike the 'doze boxes.

Warwick

Reply to
Warwick

Pah! That's for geeks with weak lemon drinks and anoraks.

OSX is where it's at.

Reply to
SteveH

But I bet c*nt still wouldn't be able to hack them.

And the doze boxes probably have just as many issues which have been left unfixed because MS and lackeys equate security fixes with bad publicity.

Reply to
Tony Houghton

No.... I don't use Dead Rat, I use Gentoo... everything compiled on box for the specific processor ;) Hang on, we're off topic now :)

Yes, rebooting... the bane of a certain fluffy OS that everyone uses ;)

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Spikings

Proprietary hardware? No thanks :)