Rover 45 Sunroof - Will Not Slide

Hi all

The sunroof on my Rover 45 will titlt up okay but will not slide back. When I press the slide back button I get a "clicking" sound but the roof will not move. I have taken the roof off but could not see anything out of place or broken. On this basis I assume the fault lies further back in the headlining of the roof?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Reply to
skint

no takers?

Reply to
skint

My dad's VW had a similar problem. On close inspection I could see that a plastic guide had managed to move up a screw thread on one side of the sunroof. This meant it was out of alignment with the same guide on the other side. When the roof slid back the guides were supposed to make part of the roof lift up (or down - I forget which) Because they were mis-aligned they were working against each other and the roof was hitting some rubber stoppers.

I never got it fixed as it looked like the roof fabric would need removal to get at it.

HTH

Reply to
pjlusenet