Rover 820 Vitesse - Idle speed problem

Hi all, when i'm parking, with the steering on full lock, the car stalls unless i rev it alot, which means i have to turbo-park. It's most annoying.

Anyway, i read on Andrew (AWM's) site and it says about cars with the Lucas system setting the base idle speed is the key to stopping this.

However, this is a 1993 Vitesse with a Rover MEMs system, only stalls when parking with full lock on, OR if i start the car, press the accelrator and quickly let go, the needle just drops below idle speed and the car dies. When the car's been running a bit, doing the above results in the needle going to about 500RPM and the car judders and idle speed returns to 950RPM exactly.

Any help? Thanks Paul

PS - Anyone know somewhere i can get an ABS sensor for about £10 in the North West? Mine's gone conductive and Freckleton Rover is a bit expensive for what are untested scrap parts and they always try to charge me more in person than on the web or what they said on the phone earlier on. I picked one up from a scrap yard last time but the other sensor from the same car was conductive like mine.

Reply to
Mr P A Latham