Rubber Strips on Doors

My daughter's Lanos has rubbery plastic trim strips down the side - they are lifting and need re-sticking. I guess I need to completely remove them and then re-stick them = but what is the recommended way of doing it? Is a double sided tape available?

Regards

John

Reply to
DerbyBoy

yes, car shops sell the double sidede tape for this job in two widths. The problem I have found is that old rubber strips shink and develop a curl which is very hard to get rid of just by re-sticking them. sometimes I have ended up putting a small self tapper or pop rivet in at one end or both to prevent them lifting again, or bought new strips if the car justified it.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

I've never found a double sided tape which works as well as a proper glue.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

They exist see Toolstation for Power Grip tape for example, product Nos

63962 and 66322.

I've used these to bond aluminium angle to aluminium plate and got a result as good as epoxy/rivets. In fact better than epoxy because I've found epoxying aluminium to be hit and miss. This stuff needs a solvent clean to remove grease and that's it.

Reply to
Steve Firth

You haven't found a good double sided tape then.

I use 3M tape.

Reply to
Rob

Do 3M make just the one tape, then?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

If you're working on that assumption it'd explain why you're not having any success with it.

Reply to
Duncan Wood