Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- S reg 1.3 Fiesta Clutch prob
August 1, 2011, 7:23 pm
rate this thread
cylinder - can see fluid dripping from the bell housing...
But the symptoms are weird...
get in - clutch is UP, works fine, can choose gears.
Can do that for ten mins...
Drive off - with 2 mins - clutch pedal drops to floor, no clutch action
unless pumped - works a bit.
Park up, clutch works...
So couple of questions
1)Can't get my head round pedal - no like brake slave failure - never
seen a pedal start working again on brakes unless pumped... why?
2)Button on clutch pedal - what for?
3) Wheres the clutch master cylinder?
4) How much for labour (slave cylinder £30)
5)How long/any tips for diy? How long?
Re: S reg 1.3 Fiesta Clutch prob
1 it must now be very low on brake fluid (feeds the clutch circuit)
there were some problems with a compensator valve in the circuit at one
2 button tells the ecu you are changing gear
3 back of the engine bay, follow the pipe.
4 2.4 hour job so 200 quid ish
5 you need quite a bit of equipment to diy, easiest is to take the engine
- » Should my Fiesta fuel cap make a sucking sound when you open it?
- — Next thread in » Car Maintenance
- » Mazda announces live-streaming vehicle intro on Xbox
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Mazda Cars