saab 9-3 heater display

The display on a friend's Saab 9-3 convertible heater controls is dead. I've checked the fuse in the box by the nearside bulkhead and that's OK, all else on the car seems fine. Is there likely to be an inline fuse I have missed?

As nothing comes on I cannot do a diagnostic test and it seems unlikely the multiconnector has come adrift.

What else might be wrong?

AJH

Reply to
andrew

andrew gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Is it just the display that's dead? Does it all work OK other than not being able to see what's on the display?

Might just be the backlight bulb gone.

Reply to
Adrian

No it's the whole unit not functioning, no heat, no fan, no lights.

I only briefly tried it in the yard this afternoon and checked the fuses. If there is any life in the control box its supposed to go into self diagnostic mode if you hold "auto" and "off" buttons but zilch.

I just wondered if the fan had seized and overloaded something.

Makes the car undrivable at this time of year. Saab dealer wants GBP350 to fix it but the cars's not worth much more.

AJH

Reply to
andrew