Saab 9000 bang sound from OS front

Hi, When OS front wheel hit a small ridge or imperfection on the road, I can sometimes hear a bang bang sound, apparently from the OS front suspension area. However, there is no slack in wheelbearing when lifting the front off ground, and the wheel alignment is spot on. Car recently passed MOT with no advisory on suspension, so I'm puzzled.

Reply to
johannes

Anti roll bar links or wishbone bushes, they have to be really knackered to show up on an MOT.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

OK thanks for that. This is my 'new' 9000; I've changed it for a nicer one generally, but ride feels harsh except on motorways.

Reply to
johannes

Nissan lower ball joints will pass MOT when they go clunk at full lock and when braking. Only went clunk if car was on grippy tarmac, on steel deck of a 4 post lift, smooth concrete floor of workshop or brick driveway no noise at all. A video showed the joint jumped when it clunked but it passed MOT twice.

Reply to
Peter Hill

Difficult to tell without comparing it with a good one, but the droplinks aren't too bad to change.

Reply to
Duncan Wood