saxo door lock

Some b*****d has tried to force both door locks on my citroen saxo (1999) :-( So I'm looking to replace them as the keys won't even go in now. The remote still works of course! What's the easiest/cheapest way of sorting this out? Is it a case of ...to the dealer and pay full wack? Or is there a cheaper DIY solution? All help greatly appreciated. Chris

Reply to
Chris Hewison

Full door lock set is £32 inc VAT from

£15 for a Haynes manual and an hour of your time :)

Reply to
Tony Bond

Is this for both locks or each? It's unclear (to me anyway) from the website. Chris

Reply to
Chris Hewison

A door lock set usually includes all door lock barrels and the boot lock :)

HTH

Reply to
Tony Bond

Thanks. I was quoted ~ £160 by the local Citroen dealer to have the work done! I think the DIY option looks much more attractive! Chris

Reply to
Chris Hewison

That probably included getting a set of barrels supplied to match your ignition barrel / key, meaning you don't need two sets of keys on your key ring. Then of course there is the fitting... :~))

Reply to
Jerry.

I've just had a lock barrel made to fit the existing key for my Xantia after someone forced the lock. Main dealer charged £27 per barrel (excluding fitting).

No idea if the Saxo is similar, but on the Xantia its supposed to be easy (!), open the door, prise a rubber bang out near the lock mechanism, insert a long screwdriver and unclip the lock barrel from behind, then pull the barrel out from outside the car. Sounds like a 2 minute job, but I haven't tried it yet & have a sneaking suspicion it may be more fiddly in practice ;-)

Nick

Reply to
Nick Read

should be 'bung' of course !