Saxo gear knob change, How ??

I want to replace the gear knob in my Saxo 1.1 with a neon aftermarket one. However I cannot get the origional one off, anybody know how ??

TiA

John H

Reply to
Hirsty's

hacksaw

Reply to
Neil - blueyonder Internet

Sad bastard.

Did mummy buy you a flashy blue gearknob for Christmas then. Oh, sorry it wasn't mummy, Santa brought it down the chimney didn't he!

Reply to
SimonJ

Actually no, I posted for someone else and for your information Idrive a Land Rover Defender 110 , you know the one you see in the mirror before you shit yourself and your little chav bimbo before I show you how to off road across your roof.

Merry Xmas or are you one of those other types ?? You know ............ too weak in the hand to change gear.

Never mind put it back where it belongs ( in your lap ).

Cheez all I wanted was a civilised answer to a simple question

Reply to
Hirsty's

Ta for the info, I had a suspicion that might be the answer

John H

Reply to
Hirsty's

Whatever floats your boat...

Never had a Paxo. Far as I can remember, the one in my AX was just screwed on and held by a counter-tightened nut, though. What does the underside look like?

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

ROFL..hardly likely. You'd not be able to catch anything up other than a Fiat 500.

And I take your shitty little Land Rover and raise you a 44 tonne artic

- 53ft long, 14ft 2" high, 8ft wide.

Reply to
Conor

Quote "in MY Saxo 1.1"

Touchy little bugger today aren't we! As for driving across my roof, likely as not you would see me in one of 3 things, either the transit, and much as I admire the LR climbing ability, I somehow suspect it would struggle to make it onto the roof, the 70t gross recovery truck, and you would have to get across the top of the artic I am towing to get to the roof of that, or the 90 hybrid, and depending on what donkey you have in the 110, you would either slowly disappear into a little dot in my mirror, or you would not even manage to make it close enough to be seen in the mirror. And when it comes to the little chav bimbo, bring it on, those hoop earrings make great hand-holds ya know!

Well you got one, in another post (hacksaw). Surely if you have enough taste to drive a LR, you must realise that anyone who wishes to fit a neon gearknob is indeed a sad bastard.

Reply to
SimonJ

The message from Conor contains these words:

Oh, god, it's Christmas day and the boys are willy-waving again.

Reply to
Guy King

Well, I really expected a serious reply to a serious question. To those who replied in a helpful fashion I am entirely grateful. To those who find it fulfilling to reply in an unsuitable fashion, I apologise for wasting your time and limited mental ability. A public forum is what you make of it, dependant on it's participants. As a member of a few other forums on the newsfeed I see I misjudged the purpose of this one, a mistake I shall not repeat. I wonder what the rules for this forum where when it was proposed and accepted ?

Thanks for that I will have a try and see what happens, problem is I don't want to wrench the whole thing out. This is the reason I posted the origional question

Reply to
Hirsty's

Hi, I had to replace the one on my saxo vts and although it was very stiff it was a case of pulling and twisting at the same time. They have two lugs in that hold them on as I remember.

PS Happy Christmas

Reply to
Rob Kirk

I love acting. It is so much more real than life.

Life is a God-damned, stinking, treacherous game and nine hundred and ninety-nine men out of a thousand are bastards.

Reply to
Hirsty's

Thanks

Reply to
Hirsty's

An even sadder bastard, is one who feels the need to make unhelpful and sarcastic comments concerning the taste of others. Get a life. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

I've never seen any rules for this particular newsgroup (that doesn't mean there aren't any) but I find that simply ignoring people that don't post helpful answers is a far better use of one's time than getting on a high horse and riding about proclaiming everyone else to be bastards.

The stick is held on to the car quite tightly, you can exert a fair bit of force on it, just don't go all incredible hulk. I find that this sort of thing is always a lot easier in other people's cars. (c:

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I win unless you move abnormal loads....

Reply to
Conor

The message from Conor contains these words:

Does the wife count?

Reply to
Guy King

I don't know. Does yours have a weight problem?

Reply to
Conor

The message from Conor contains these words:

Yes, but it's my weight not hers!

Reply to
Guy King