Scartch on Windscreen

While removing snow from my windscreen I made two slight scratches. I cannot for the life of me remove them. Is there anything I can use to remove them without causing more damage ?

Reply to
Oscar Fabricant

Auto windscreen outfit can try with buffers and jewellers rouge, but it's not likely to be a complete success. My insurance covers replacement windscreen with no excess and no loss of ncb.Most charge £40,- maybe worth it. DaveK.

Reply to
DaveK

In article , DaveK writes

Thanks for this information- where can I purchase jewellers rogue from. I have head of it but never actually seen it or used it before.

Reply to
Oscar Fabricant

Is a scratch on the windscreen a fail on the MOT?. Its a hairline scratch about 3" just above eyeline, centrally placed in line with drivers vision. I think MOT mentions cracks/chips etc

Can anyone clarify?

Reply to
wains

From the MOT testers manual...............

"Scratches........

Scratches on the Windscreen, i.e. light surface scratching, are not to be considered as damage. However, an area of concentrated scratching such as caused by the prolonged use of a defective wiper blade which obscures vision is to be considered a reason for rejection if it meets the fail criteria."

Reply to
SimonJ