Scrap value for 98 Corsa?

My niece has a 98 1.0 Corsa that needs a clutch, brakes, tyres, etc, more than a 18 year olds purse contains! (Clothes and McDonalds etc take priority....)

She may be scrapping it, I would like to buy it as a workshop training aide. I have never fitted a clutch, so it would be the perfect time to have a go, as no one needs the car!

What would a scrappy offer her, so I can make a suitable bid?

Thanks!

Mark

Reply to
Mark

Son got £160 for a SAAB 9-3 a couple of weeks ago. It would have been £40 less if it had no cat.

Around £75 would be my guess.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

My bro got £165 for a MK1 Mondeo two weeks ago from some internet based lot.

Reply to
Mike P

Also try genuine scrap metal dealers, I was quoted £140 for an astra estate a year ago.

Reply to
newshound