scratches on bonnet with diamond brite

Hello,

I've noticed that I have a few scratches on my bonnet. They are not very deep: I cannot feel them with my finger nail but they are long (7-8 inches). They are narrow, you might say hair like. It's as if something has brushed across the bonnet, scratching it on its way across.

What is the best thing to polish them out with? I did have an old bottle of turtle wax scratch and swirl remover in the garage but it doesn't seem to have done anything but perhaps I need to persevere?

I also have T cut but was leaving tat as a a last resort.

When I bought the car, the dealer offered me diamondbrite for a price. I said no but they applied it anyway (free of charge). I'm wondering whether the scratch may be in the diamond brite layer rather than the paint? Should I apply more of their conserver?

By the way, the dealer put a diamondbrite sticker in the window. Is this just advertising? Can I safely remove it? I think I was told to leave it so that if it has body work done, the repairers know to reapply diamondbrite. Is that really true?

Thanks, Stephen.

Reply to
Stephen

Depends upon the colour and paint finish...e.g. metallic ? I would use a paint coloured wax to hide the blemishes, a light application and then polish with a soft cloth. I would not use an abrasive compound to clear the fine marks. As for the benefits of Diamondbrite....................not seen a positive comment.

Gio

Reply to
Gio

It's black metallic. HTH