sealing toyota headlamp glass

Hi, have a 94 corolla and am getting water inside the headlamp glass. have checked the front glass very carefully for pin holes and am sure there are none.

That leaves the rubber gasket at the back where the bulb goes in. I have smeared it with vaseline, but i am still getting trouble.

Could it be the seal which joins the two halves? If so, how could I best seal it up? anyone any experience with this problem on the corolla please?

Reply to
j west +++

Not quite relevant, but when the glass fell off one of the headlamps on my late lamented citroen AX, I stuck it back on with a nice even bead of bath sealant. Worked a treat and never gave any more trouble.

James

Reply to
James Lothian

And another thing: if you want to find the leak, you could always take the headlamp off, remove the bulb(s), and fill it up with water and see where the water dribbles out. *Then* reach for the bath sealant :-).

James

Reply to
James Lothian