Seat Alhambra 1998 S reg

Hi My Alhambra has been a reliable car since i bought it 2yrs ago. But I have recently experienced the engine cutting out.The car starts straight away, but the rev counter moves up and down between 8000&10000 revs. when i'm driving the car is fine until i come to stop and it cuts out.I have changed spark plugs etc but still no joy.I am reluctant to take it to a garage as the problem could be anything. Can anyone help???

Reply to
chadders

Do you mean 800 to 1000 revs? and it does this when the car is idling? sounds like the idle control valve is sticking. What sort of engine is in this car?

Reply to
Steven

You mean 800 to 1,000 rpm. Otherwise you'll have bits of engine kicking about the place.

It could be a sensor, it could be an idle control valve, could be anything, really.

Have you had it serviced?! At all?

Reply to
DervMan