Seat Ibiza 2000 W plate - any common problems

Hi guys

I am after a heads up on any potential issues on a 2000 W plate Seat Ibiza. One of my wife's friends has been offered one and has asked if I would go with her. Don't have many details as yet, inc engine size etc. Just wondered if there were any common and well known issues I should look out for?

Many thanks.

Reply to
Slider

A relative was in a crash in one and it folded like paper.

Reply to
Me Indoors

That's unfortunately true of most small cars though isn't it - apart from all but the very latest ones.

Reply to
Slider

Good: Rides and handles even better than the previous version. More fun than a VW Polo. 1.8 20VT Cupra most fun. TDI 110 most practical. Bad: A few build quality problems. Cupras eat front tyres. Replacing exhaust of the 1.4 costs a fortune.

For more info try

and the carbycar guide

Reply to
Toommy